From the article: Top 10 Recipes Using Tahini
Although is it is probably best known as being a key ingredient in hummus, tahini is far more versatile than you may think. It can be used in everything from ice cream to vegetable dishes. Such versatility can lead to some great creative creations in the kitchen. Besides in hummus, how do you use tahini? Share Your Ideas
- My mom used to make a shrimp appetizer we all loved, but it was reserved for special occasions and holidays. She mixed boiled shrimp with a tahini sauce made with lemon and hot sauce. It was tart with a hint of heat. I don't think my mother ever measured anything; she was a naturally great cook, so unfortunately I cannot supply measurements. If you are familiar with tahini, you can add the lemon and hot sauce to taste.
- —Guest elemengee
- A ladies' night hostess served up brownies made with tahini instead of butter or oil. They had a faint nutty taste, and they were incredibly dense and rich and moist - YUM! Worth trying if you have tahini to use up.
- —Guest lorenmarie
- Hi Naomi, I googled tahini recipes and found this site, thought you might like to check it out
- —Guest Naomi
- I use tahini sauce over cooked quinoa with roasted carrots, parsnips, cucumbers, tomato and feta. Serve warm or cold-delicious and healthy meal! Very filling and if extra can be used up to a week. (pour sauce on immediately before serving)
- —Guest Magazine
Tahini with Honey
- I mix tahini and honey 50/50 in a glas with a screw-on lid, and eat it as a spread on any kind of bread. Specially nice on rice-cakes with slices of banana on top. Very healthy and good for children too.