Pomegranate juice is both healthy and tasty! Learn how to juice pomegranates to make your own juice, molasses, or syrup.
Time Required: 5-7 minutes
- Cut pomegranate in half.
- Using a hand citrus juicer, squeeze and press the pomegranate in a circular motion until no more juice is released.
- Repeat with other half of pomegranate.
- Line a colander with cheesecloth. Strain pomegranate juice through cheesecloth.
- Use juice to drink by adding sugar to taste, or for pomegranate molasses, pomegranate syrup, or jelly.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- When picking pomegranates, choose ones that are heavy. They should contain the most juice.
What You Need
- hand citrus juicer
- knife to cut pomegranate