Prep Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
- 2 bunches of fresh parsley (1 1/2 cup chopped, with stems discarded)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- I medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup bulghur, medium grade
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Romaine lettuce or grape leaves to line serving bowl (optional)
Squeeze out excess water from bulghur using hands or paper towel.
Combine all ingredients, except for salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil.
Line serving bowl with grape leaves or romaine lettuce, and add salad.
Sprinkle olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper on top.
Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.