Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups bulghur wheat (fine or medium grade)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespooons red pepper paste or tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- red pepper to taste
- boiling water
Combine red pepper/tomato paste with veggies, herbs and spice. Mix well.
Drain bulghur wheat from water and place on towel and squeeze out excess water. Combine with red pepper paste and mix well.
Cover and refrigerate a few hours before serving. Serve with grape leaves, romaine lettuce leaves, and fresh pita bread.