- 5 cups toasted pita bread, torn into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 half head of romaine lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine lettuce, bread, cucumber, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, and parsley together. Toss gently.
For the Dressing
In a small bowl combine garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and mint. Mix well.
Pour dressing over salad and serve.
You can add many spices to this according to your tastes. Some people like to add chick peas for a heartier salad.
Serve 4 large salads or 6 side salads.