French fries can be found all over the world, including the Middle East. You will find french fries served as a side dish to falafel, sandwiches, and other fast foods in the Middle East. French fries are even served inside pita bread with shawarma and falafel sandwiches too.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4-6 medium potatoes
- oil for frying (vegetable, canola)
- Preheat oil to 400 degrees.
- Peel and slice potatoes into thin or thick strips (whichever desired). Rinse potato slices in cold water.
- Deep fry for 4-5 minutes or until light golden in color.
- Remove fries from oil and drain on paper towel. Immediately sprinkle salt on top and serve immediately.