French fries can be found all over the world, including the Middle East. You will find french fries served as a side dish to falafel, sandwiches, and other fast foods in the Middle East. They are even served inside pita bread with shawarma and falafel sandwiches too. Learning how to make french fries at home is easy and saves money.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4-6 medium potatoes
- oil for frying (vegetable, canola)
- Preheat oil to 400 degrees.
- Peel and slice potatoes into thin or thick strips (whichever desired). Rinse potato slices in cold water.
- Deep fry for 4-5 minutes or until light golden in color.
- Remove fries from oil and drain on paper towel. Immediately sprinkle salt on top and serve french fries immediately.