Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water, plus 1/2 cup
- 1 1/2 lbs zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 small can of tomato paste (6 oz)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
While rice is cooking, heat two tablespoons olive oil in a large saute pan on medium heat. Add zucchini, garlic, and kosher salt. Saute until softened for 15 minutes. Add kosher salt and tomato paste, and 1/2 cup water. Stir until tomato paste and water is mixed and coats vegetables well.
Add rice to zucchini and combine well. The rice should take on a light red/brown color and be mixed with zucchini and veggies. Serve as a side dish to grilled or baked chicken.