Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- oil for frying (canola or vegetable)
Mash chickpeas, making sure to mix ingredients together. You can also combine ingredients in a food processor. You want the result to be a thick paste.
Form the mixture into small balls, about the size of a ping pong ball. Slightly flatten.
Fry in 2 inches of oil at 350 degrees until golden brown (2-5 minutes).
Serve falafel by itself, or with hot pita bread with veggies, hummus, or tahini sauce.