Middle Eastern Cooking Basics
By Saad Fayed
Middle Eastern Food Culture
Food plays an important role in Middle Eastern culture. Each region has its own unique characteristics and food helps define the culture. In the Middle East, large family dinners can consist of over twenty dishes and take several days to prepare. In the Middle East, food is about family, friends, and celebration.
- Middle Eastern Food 101: An Introduction
- Common Arabic Food Translations
- 5 Reasons to Try Middle Eastern Food
- Middle Eastern Food Myths
Essential Ingredients and Kitchen Tools
To be a success in the kitchen, you must have the right tools, very much like an artist with the right brushes and paints. The great aspect of Middle Eastern cooking is that you really don't need fancy gadgets or very many special tools to prepare a fantastic dish. Ingredients are essentials, just like in any type of cuisine. The Middle East boasts many unique ingredients, but are usually easy to find in specialty shops or ethnic grocers.
- Shopping Tips for Buying Middle Eastern Food
- Top 10 Online Middle Easten Food Stores
- Top 10 Most Commonly Used Middle Eastern Ingredients
- Commonly Used Spices
- Must-Have Kitchen Supplies and Cooking Utensils
Cooking Tips and Techniques
Learning Middle Eastern cooking tips and techniques will bring both speed, precision, and flair to your cooking. You will find that the very basics are the same with any type of cuisine.
- Basic Cooking Terms and Techniques for Beginners
- 5 Must See Middle Eastern Food Cooking Videos
- Tips for Handling Phyllo Dough
- How to Select the Best Cut of Lamb