Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 35 minutes
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, sliced into 1/4 slices
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 large onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick or larger (depending on preference)
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 can crushed tomatoes, 32 oz
Combine fried vegetables with tomato sauce and seasonings in a 13x9x2in baking dish with 1/4 cup of water. Cover with aluminum foil and place on middle rack of oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Serve over rice with pita bread and salad.