Some people like to use elbow noodles for this recipe, however, I like to use ziti or rigatoni. This is a very easy and simplified version of an Egyptian favorite.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 lb elbows, ziti, or rigatoni
- 2 26 oz. jars traditional pasta sauce
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey
- 3 cups bechamel (see recipe below)
- 8-10 ounces of cheddar, mozzarella, romano, or parmigiano reggiano cheese
Once beef is done browning, drain, and add pasta sauce. Simmer on low. Drain pasta, cover, and set aside. Cover bechamel and leave on low heat, stirring occasionally.
Pour meat sauce in 9x12 dish. Cover with bechamel. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.