- For the Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, trimmed of all visible fat
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Additional ingredients
- 4 loaves pita bread (halved)
- 1 onion, sliced (red or yellow)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cucumber, sliced thin
- As a condiment or sauce:
- tahini sauce, hummus, mayonnaise, or garlic yogurt sauce (see below for recipes)
Pour 3-4 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium frying pan. Heat to a medium high and add chicken. Cook chicken for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally for even cooking.
In a medium bowl combine chicken with veggies. Add desired sauce or condiment. Use desired amount.
Heat pita loaves in oven or microwave. Stuff pita with chicken and veggies.
Serve immediately with french fries.