- 3 tablespoons hummus
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small tomato, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 3-4 slices provolone cheese
Top hummus with slices of veggies. Again, the amount and type of veggies used is of personal choice.
Top veggies with cheese, one or two slices on each depending on how much cheese is preferred.
Place slices of bread on an ungreased cookie sheet and cook under the broiler for approximately two minutes or until cheese has melted.
Serve with pita chips for a quick and satisfying lunch.