This hummus is great for those who want some extra "crunch" in their hummus. Pine nuts are a traditional Middle Eastern ingredient and are excellent in hummus.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed, or soaked if using dried
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup pine nuts, lightly toasted and finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon parsley or cilantro, finely chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons water
In a blender or food processor, blend the chickpeas. Add tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and water until the ingredients form a paste-like consistency. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and add remaining ingredients, mixing well. Garnish with any remaining parsley or cilantro. Cover and refrigerate about an hour.