Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 package of frozen puff pastry (17 ounces)
- 1 15 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3/4 cup pistachios, shelled, chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 - 3/4 cups coconut flakes (depending on taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Break puff pastry into small pieces (about 1-2 inches. Add nuts and coconut and be sure that they are mixed well and evenly distributed. Place nuts and bread in greased 9x12 baking dish.
In a saucepan, heat sweetened milk, vanilla, and water on medium heat. Allow to cook for about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat then allow to cool.
Pour milk over puff pastry/nut mixture. Pour creme on top and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.