Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 package of filo dough, or 8 sheets
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups almonds
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- powdered sugar for dusting
- powdered cinnamon for dusting, plus 1 teaspoon
Take one sheet of filo dough and place 1/4 cup of the almond paste and spread it down the center, in the shape of a thick pencil. Roll the dough around the paste, and form into a snake coil.
Fry in butter until golden brown. Dust with powdered sugar and cinnamon. Repeat with remaining dough and paste.
Yields 8 pastries.