Hummus is one of the most versatile foods. It can be aten plain with an appetizer, or as a single ingredient in a variety of appetizers. Here are the most delicious and easy appetizer recipes that contain hummus. The only difficult thing about making these appetizers is choosing which flavor of hummus to use
1. Crostini with hummus and parsley
Tom Grill/The Image Bank/Getty Images
is prepared and topped with warm hummus and parsley makes a sophistacated, yet super easy appetizer.
2. Cherry tomatoes filled with hummusCut the tops off cherry tomatoes and scoop out the inside. Pipe some hummus with a pastry bag to fill the tomato. Your guests will be impressed!
Deviled eggs are always a popular appetizer. Instead of filling the egg with yolk mixture, why not try hummus? Use a pastry bag for easy filling. See Deviled Eggs with Hummus Recipe
4. Hummus with toasted pita wedges
Warm hummus served with toasted pita wedges
. The presentation is what makes this appetizer unique. PLace a small bowl of hummus in the middle of a large plate and surround the bowl with pita wedges.
5. Melba toast and hummusPipe hummus on top of melba toast... simple as that! The flavors of the melba toast and hummus make a nice combination.
6. Cucumber slices with labneh, topped with hummus
Sliced cucumbers are spread with labneh
and a small dollop of hummus makes this appetizer colorful and delicious.
7. Crostini with shaved roast beef, topped with hummusThis is such a crowd pleaser! Crostini topped off with hot pieces of shaved roast beef with hummus. This appetizer is very filling and perfect for any event.
8. Hummus filled tomaotesRoma tomatoes filled with hummus. Liven things up a bit by filling each tomato with a different flavor of hummus.